New Hampshire, USA
is one of the United States' New England states, located in the northeastern corner of the country. It borders Canada to the north and has the US states of Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont as its other neighbors. The Atlantic Ocean lies to the southeast, with the Connecticut River forming the state's western boundary with Vermont. The White Mountains are found in the central region and contain Mount Washington.
Agriculture was once a major industry in New Hampshire, and manufacturing also developed along the rivers. Portsmouth became an important shipbuilding center. Today, the economy is primarily based on manufacturing, tourism, dairy farming, and granite quarrying. New Hampshire is also well known for being the first primary state in the nation, giving many candidates their first chance to test their candidacies.
The capital city of New Hampshire is Concord, and the population was estimated at 1,377,529 in 2022. There are two major institutions of higher learning in the state: Dartmouth and the University of New Hampshire. The state song is “Old New Hampshire" and its motto is “Live Free or Die". Its official bird is the purple finch and its flowers are the purple lilac and pink lady’s slipper. The time zone is Eastern (-5 GMT) , and the total area is 24,214 square kilometers (9,349 square miles) .
- Concord, New Hampshire - official website
- City of Concord New Hampshire - official website of the city of Concord, New Hampshire, providing municipal information and services
- Granite State College - granite State College is a part of the University System of New Hampshire and offers both virtual and in-person educational opportunities focused on adults and flexible schedules
- NHTI – Concords Community College - nHTI – Concords Community College offers affordable higher education options in the state
- New Hampshire Historical Society - the New Hampshire Historical Society offers resources and information about the history of New Hampshire
- McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center - the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center is an air and space museum dedicated to NH space pioneers Christa McAuliffe and Admiral Alan Shepard
- Capitol Center for the Arts - capitol Center for the Arts is a major venue for performing arts in Concord
- Red River Theatres - red River Theatres enhances the quality of life in Concord and throughout New Hampshire by offering a continuous selection of the finest and most critically acclaimed movies
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center - the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, near Concord, offers educational exhibits on the natural history of New Hampshire