is the largest and most populated city in the Chinese Province of Guangdong. Conveniently located on the Pearl River, the city forms a large part of the attraction spots in the province. The Opera House of Zaha Hadid in Guangzhou, commonly referred to as the "double pebble", is an excellent demonstration of the outstanding architectural designs of Guangzhou. So is the artistically-shaped Guangdong Museum and the historic Canton TV Tower skyscraper - made to resemble the hourglass. The Folk Arts Museum, within the Chen Clan Ancestral Hall Temple, offers an exquisite display of art exhibitions for tourists to enjoy. The Museum, with the Tomb of the Nanyue King, is a sacred place where Zhao Mei, the Han Dynasty Ruler, is buried. Therein lies a display of a 2000-jade piece burial suit.
The market of Guangzhou features different types of both local delicacies and international cuisines. The rest of the market is famous for the thriving electronic wares business and other wares.
The other side of Guangzhou, across a canal, is a scenic beauty of green leafy paths and posh mansion-houses dating back to the foreign concession days. Out of the city reveals a striking Xiaozhou Village that has preserved its culture beautifully and has since been used as a home to artworks.
The tourist peak times are when the celebrations are on. For example, in April
, the locals hold the Dragon Boat Festival comprising of several teams competing in races along the Pearl River. In November
, the Guangdong Dance Festival witnesses the artistic display of dances from both local and international participants. Between October
, Guangzhou is quite dry but still receives numerous tourists, as well as between April and August
- en: Guangzhou, China
- es: Cantón, China
- sr: Guangdžou, Kina
- zh: 广州市, 中国
- Latitude: 23.129110°
- Longitude: 113.264385°
- Elevation: 18 m
- Current time: 20:12 CST
- Sunrise: 06:18 CST
- Sunset: 18:14 CST
- Timezone: Asia/Shanghai
- Guangzhou @ Wikipedia
- Guangdong Museum - distinctive modern building housing Chinese paintings, ceramics, bronzes, and archaeological artifacts.
- Qing Hui Yuan - traditional pavilions, bridges and art feature throughout this renowned garden with rare plants.
- Chimelong Safari Park - this 2,000-acre wildlife park features animals viewed from vehicles, plus dining and souvenirs.
- Baiyun Mountain - scenic mountaintop overlook and natural area with hiking trails and a cable car to the top.
- Chimelong Paradise - large amusement park with many white-knuckle rides, including a roller coaster with 10 inversions.
- Canton Tower - completed in 2010, this 604-m. hyperboloid tower features a rooftop observation deck.